Monday, April 30, 2007

First Day at the New Clinic and Loving the Roof

This morning we returned from my first 24-hour shift at the Antepolo Birthing clinic. I had a great first day, we started the morning roughly around 4:00am, well let me rephrase it was supposed to start about that time, but I believe my snooze button aloud me to sleep till 4:45:) we arrived at the clinic at 6 and started the day, there were a few labors that were going on, but we ended sending them home until they progressed a little further. The Midwifes at the clinic are wonderful and I spent most of the day trying to learn their names. Overall it was good experience, I was nervous about it at first, I hate first days at a new place, but this was not one of those scary first day disasters. We had one Birth last night, which I just observed to see their style of birth management.
We arrived home this morning to our little charming house in Mandaluyang. Its like our little hideaway, tucked away on Bonofacio Street. My favorite thing about this house is not the scary rooster that has his unique cookoocachoo call at 4am every morning, but I love the rooftop, upstairs and unto the roof is our own adorable balcony. On all four corners you see different classes of economic stasis, these are the rooftops of what would be "middle class" here in the Philippines if classes were be applicable. In the Philippines something that i have observed is that there is: POOR, Poor, And Rich. Just beyond the rooftops is one of many of the Manila city skylines. From our rooftop you can see four different city districts full of beautiful city skylines. Plus i love having the girls here, we had a nice night of preparing for Spiderman 3, which comes out on Wednesday here. We watched the 1st adn the 2nd, a little movie night on the rooftop of course!


So the tires on the tin roof is not just for looks, it helps the houses not blow away, seriously!

More pictures from looking out from our blacony:)

2 comments:

Jen Grisim said...

I'm so glad you had a good first shift at the clinic! We are definitely going to see Spiderman tonight too..go get 'em tiger!

Kim said...

ahh, you guys have such a cute little house. i'm so happy you get to live together! and i must say i thought this was one of your very best posts... -K