Monday, April 23, 2007

Bye Orange House...

Well tonight is my last night in the Orange house, Mia and I will be joining the other girls in Mandaluon, which is about a hour from our house and the clinic here in Pinkian. We will still be in Manila just working at another clinic in a nearby city in Antepolo. it has been such a busy week and i cant believe what all has been done. Saturday we were called to a birth about noon, she was a first timer and had the fastest labor i have seen since being here...Maicy had her baby and we were out of there and on to prenatal day at the clinic by 3ish...we spent the rest of the day at prenatal’s having a great time and saying our last goodbyes. I also got to visit with one of my moms Evangelen…maybe you remember her, she was the Avril fan...
The next day we celebrated Rose's 7th Birthday party, Rose is Gerlenes middle daughter, it was so much fun and lots of chocolate cake was involved! Shortly after cleaning up from the party we started a "While you Were out" project on the Birth room...although Gerlene knew that we were painting and remodeling the room, she was still so surprised at the finished product. Today this afternoon, we finished the birth room and are still covered in Filipino blue paint…:) ill have from beginning to end pictures up soon. Now we are just finishing up packing...well okay...so I just started...but I swear I’m almost done! We leave tomorrow morning across town...I cant wait to join the girls...Dance Party!

Grace wearing her chocolate cake

Prenatal Saturday, she is such a cutie...

Maicy gave birth to this little cutie, Ar'Francis

Outside the birth room window, i love this veiw...ill miss it for sure...

6 comments:

Kayla said...

Alex as excited as I am to kidnap you and Mia and become room mates. My heart is a little sad for you. I know you are leaving something special and I am not talking about the rats! Welcome to the A. Boni house we are gonna have to have dance parties here like crazy. Consider it a Boise remix, Filopino style. Lots of Love, Kayla

Bonnie T. said...

Hi Alex, your dad was over and showed me your blog page. WOW! how exciting, I have read everything, I can't wait for the next update to see what you do next. What a great experience and ministry for you, you are perfect for it. I'm so glad you are following God's calling for your life. I will pray for you. Love Ya, Bonnie T.

Lindsey said...

i love the pic of you and the babe! and i am sooo glad you have you and mia as roomies!

Sandy Williamson said...

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the updates. I really enjoy hearing about your adventures. I know what you mean about not being able to meet all the needs of the people on the street. It pulls on your heart.

FTGL is doing great! We now have 16 doulas. Be have been truely blessed.

In His love,

Sandy

middie said...

I am posting cause your numbers to your blog have skyrocketted and I am jealous...holidays are great i think it's time for a nap though...peace out and see you soon...update me about births OK?!

Karyn said...

Hi Alex!! Wow, what an adventure you are on! I wish you could have been at my birth. You would have been a very positive presence. Aunt Denise is sitting here holding her granddaughter. We were reading your blog together. She wants you to know that she is very happy that you are following your dream to become a midwife. She knows you are making some unforgetable memories and at the same time helping create many happy memories for the women you help on a daily basis. Stay safe and we look forward to reading your udates. We send our love.
Karyn Gragg
Denise Gragg