Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Community Happiness

Every other day we take a stroll into Pikian where we are surrounded by slums; to the right we have the neighborhood kids taking a bath outside of their house while their mom washes the clothes and watches the kiddies have a play day in the tub of bubbles and water. On the left is cute little shack that is warm and welcoming; inside you find a happy little family, two kids and a brand new baby boy. This community is a network of families that rely on one another for strength and support. When one family can not afford a weeks worth of meals for their family or a hefty hospital bill, they are right there to help each other out. They are all in this life together, through thick and thin.

5 comments:

Kim said...

does community happiness apply to us and the mice?

Dad said...

You know I had to take baths outside in a tub too when I was little. No such thing as hot water in Venezuela, didn't need it! Love you!

Laurencook said...

I used to take baths in the sink, no bath tubs for me.
I love you beef, this is so fun, I like the sense of community, it's beautiful
Rats are cool too

Aunt Les said...

I finally figured out how to do this, I'm a dork! Happy Easter!! I'm so impressed with you. love you much bub!

Aunt Tracy said...

What a great blog! You appear to be in your element and doing such a great job :-> Grandma Jo is in KC and we just both read all your entries and really enjoyed them! I had to crack up tho about your Halo Halo "habit." Keep up the good work and your gift of compassion. Can't wait to read more. Be safe - Love Aunt Tracy

P.S. Grandma said to tell you she is VERY proud of you Honey!