Thursday, May 17, 2007

8th Grade Sewing Comes in Handy...

A few pictures of birth number 1 out of 7 last shift.

Big sister taking a nap after her new little sister was born.



This last Tuesday i think, days are a little blurred after 7 births in 48 hours, was my first time suturing! On a real person...no pig’s feet or an 8th grade pillow, I made a huge-up grade to the real deal. And since most of you know by now that i am practicing to become a midwife you can guess were the stitching took place. Yikes. Ate Grace, an amazing Filipina Midwife, and Kayla, My suturing Queen, coached me as i made my first injections of lidocaine to numb some of the tissue, the rest was difficult but I had great teachers helping through it. It was so cool, maybe not so much for the mom, but she was handling it well. And i feel good about it, not so bad I think for a rookie. Sorry no pictures for this one....

1 comment:

Kim said...

yay 7 births in one shift! that's more like it! i'm so glad for you getting all this experience and stiching all sorts of places! and good job keeping your post PG! -K