Thursday, March 15, 2007

Yesterday

The sunset falls
Over cradel and all

Panic, disparity awakens debris
Crowning of thorns, she tries to breath

A war has begun over this home
Once so warm, life bearing has become this capstone

Working together, the perfect unison lost
Blood marks its territory, welcoming the frost

Baby is born, a soul returns to her maker
They pleaded for so long, and He chose to take her

Debris for a minute froze in mid-air
A little soul floats up to heaven as the time stood still

A candle will be lit, a prayer will be sung
How I wish I were that note in heaven to be hung

I grieve over the life that salted the earth
My prayers go to those assisting this life changing birth

O, precious death, angels rejoice
Dancing, dancing now worshipping in one voice

Yesterday a baby died.

1 comment:

Tami Michel said...

Touching poem, I tried not to cry today when I read it aloud in church along with an explanation of what happened but.......I know that it is straight from your heart. Love you, Love you so much.