Saturday, March 10, 2007

Support your local Halo Halo


So I found my new obsession that has almost taken the place of my coffee addiction, Halo Halo. It’s a Jell-O slash bean slash icy milky goodness mixed drink, Halo Halo by name, amazingness by description. At this stand we are greeted by about twenty little Filipino kids who laugh at us and our obsession to their average summer drink that we rave about. The lady that owns this little local stand knows to expect us and she knows that I like my Halo Halo without Taro on top, which is a mystery purple tar like substance that I like to stay away from, it's just safer this way. The girls and I come daily, twice even on Saturday’s before we go to the clinic for prenatals, where Gerlene, our midwife, expects us to come rolling in around 2 pm with our Halo Halo in hand. . So I guess you could say that I found my own little piece of Zander's O-town style here in Manila to keep me sane and alive.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

cute pic alex! i still have to try it, i am a little nervous, but you make it sound so good!