Saturday, July 28, 2007

Little Orphan Annies

The Baby home is one door down from our clinic, and I would love to say that I spend all my free time hanging with the adorable orphan babies that are there, but the sad truth is that the girls and I have only made it over there once, I think that I just needed a little bit of a push to go over there, this week I got a big push. The Gunderson Family runs both the clinic and the baby home, so most babies that are born and are going to be given up for adoption go right next door. This last week one of my continuity moms delivered, she is only 17 and lives at Bethesda Women’s Shelter. She is the sweetest girl ever and I was her midwife. Her baby will be going up for adoption and staying at the baby home starting Thursday. I can’t wait to go and visit her next door, how lucky am i that she is so close to the clinic. The baby home is so precious, you walk in and are greeted by about 15 crying, screaming, laughing little toddlers... then just past the living room area, downstairs is the nursery where five little ones sleep, eat and poop, and then sleep again. And come Thursday there will be a new addition to the family. It really is so cool having the baby home so close. sometimes we arrive at the clinic and all the little toddlers are at our clinic visiting...they are so amazing!!! Here are a few pics from our visit next door.



No comments: