Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two Bbies, Two Minutes of Sleep



Two births, two beautiful babies, two cups of Milo, two days without sleep, I survived! Monday at 10pm Kim and I threw on some scrubs and went to Melba's house, she was at 8cm and doing so great. After hours of labor and two cups of Milo (chocolate drink) and Mayonnaise sandwiches served by her mother, the baby girl was born at 3:06am. I Mostly charted this birth, however I did get to do delivery of placenta, I did about ten minutes of cord traction before it came then after I examined the placenta for tears. So fun! By five we were back at the clinic and ready for bed when Kim started getting horrible pain in her abdomen, we ended spending the remainder of the morning in the hospital.... kinda ironic, birth at home then the Midwives go to the hospital. After returning home from the hospital Mia (other roomie) got a call to go to another birth, it was wonderful, but I was so tired. I guess the life of a midwife involves no sleep, oh well. By 11pm I finally was able to go to bed, ah sleep at last. Oh and Kim is back home all better. Today has been a day of relaxing before we go out and do postpartum checks on the last couple births. That’s all for now. These are pictures from one of the houses that we had a birth at, and some of the proud brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Alex, you are the coolest! I am so proud of you and happy that you are having this experience. Love you and miss you. Aunt Debbie

shireen said...

hi alex! Oooh, I don't have internet, and I'm enjoying my first chance to read you girls' blogs at my leisure. I wish I could be with you guys, I just miss you so much, and am enchanted with your daily adventures and ministry. Please give my love to the others, I can't wait to be together with you guys. Turns out we're not arriving until June first now, which is an opportunity to learn patience for those of us who are waiting! You won't forget to tell the others how eager we are to see you again, right?! Miss you! Love you all! His, shi